Among various methods of Psychic divination, Paper Fortune Teller is the fun way to reveal the far-off future. Has anyone ever played “Origami Fortune Teller” game yet? It is the big shortcoming if you have no idea about this amusing and lively game. Today, people being on the quest for predictive destiny can play it to partly relieve their life curiosity.
Folding, decorating, and manipulating the Origami Fortune Teller is the great joy for people of all ages. Originated as the children’s toy, the Paper shape is now widely made and played from all angles of globe. Frame the questions in mind, and concentrate during the “reading” is the insightful way to gain the corresponding prediction!
Steps To Have A Complete Origami “Cootie Catcher”
Three things that you need to prepare are a piece of paper, a pair of scissors, and a pen or pencil. Now, make your own origami art now! The procedure consists of 9 simple steps.
- Put the piece of paper right on table and fold one corner over its adjoining side.
- Use the scissors to cut off the small rectangle in order to have the square piece from the folded triangle.
- Create a smaller triangle by folding the two facing ends of the original triangle together.
- Unfold all the folded lines and open the paper up.
- Get a corner folded over the center spot of the square. Do the same with the facing corner. Then, repeat with the 2 leftover corners in order to form a square shape.
- Flip the paper over and continue the similar activities in the step 5: folding a corner into the center part and repeat with the 3 other remaining ones. Now, we have a smaller square.
- Fold and unfold the square in half so that you can produce the 2 straight lines across the paper’s center.
- To make the shape of the “cootie catcher”, pull the 4 ends together! Then, place your fingers insides the four square flaps and move the part around with ease on the completion.
- To personalize your Origami, use the pen or pencil to decorate it with colors or words. Write any color (Blue, Red, Pink, Yellow, Green, etc.) on the 4 flaps’ surfaces.
Flip your Paper Fortune Teller over, and draw 8 numbers up on the triangular flaps. Decorate them with the colors and fonts that suit your personal reference! Here are some suggestions for fortune prediction:
- You will be invited to the big party
- You can get an “A” on the upcoming test.
- You may develop as the famous doctor one day.
- A wealthy person, it is your destiny.
- You are gifted with many good friends.
- Your beloved is the right mate for life.
Promisingly, you can now work as a fortune teller with a costume. Ask the family members or friends to choose one of 4 colors on the exterior! Then, move the paper folding tool in and out according to the number of times before reading out the written divination.
The Brief History Of Origami Fortune Teller
In 1928, the origami book named “Fun with Paper Folding” by Murray and Rigney brought the concept of “Origami Fortune Teller” to many English-speaking worlds under the term “salt cellar”. As the name indicated, the paper art was very functional and versatile at the time.
Since 1950s, the practice of paper fortune tellers in England was documented. In the U.S., it was the late 1960s to witness the expansion of the “cootie catchers” throughout the country. Originally used in children’s fortune-telling game, the Origami tool embraces the fun and joyful manner to play together in the circle of friends.