The Sun sign – your Zodiac sign – seems to be a key to your basic nature. Thus, checking compatibility between Suns is considered a good starting point. Naturally, several Sun sign combinations are really harmonious, right? One traditional rule here is that there is just an easy bond between Sun signs of the same element. The following are the 4 elements:
- Fire (Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius)
- Water (Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces)
- Air (Libra, Aquarius, and Gemini)
- Earth (Capricorn, Taurus, and Virgo)
In addition, there are also the natural love connections between Sun signs of harmonious elements: Fire-Air and Earth-Water. However, it is worth bearing in mind that harmony is not what it is all about. Yes, it is also about compelling forces and tensions. That’s why when love or entanglement takes hold, it’s always smart to suss out the entire birth chart.
Astrology Compatibility Reading – The Behavior of Elements
In general, the way which the 4 elements behave in the natural world is extremely telling of the Zodiac. In the Universe, the laws of chemistry and physics are likely to define the actions of water, fire, earth and air. Likewise, the Zodiac signs are trusted to behave in a similar manner; so it’s not hard to understand why several signs are far more compatible than others. Plus, some combinations within the Zodiac may be stifling or just totally volatile. Here are some core principles to consider:
- Fire is extinguished by water.
- Air will fuel fire.
- Fire will burn up earth.
- Water not only molds earth, but also conforms to it.
- Water & air may create tsunamis and hurricanes.
- Air can upset earth in the dust storms and tornados.
For these mentioned reasons, zodiac compatibility has a tendency to follow such the rules here:
- Fire and air are very compatible.
- Water and air can irritate each other.
- Earth and air can also irritate one another.
- Water and earth encourage and shape one another.
- Fire and water seem to work against each other’s cause.
Briefly, when planets, aspects, and houses, all come into play, it isn’t difficult to see why a lot of astrologers tend to learn their art carefully before entering the professional field. Because astrological compatibility is a very detailed study, it is always best to bring your natal charts to an expert astrologer for thorough examination to obtain the most accurate results.