The use of Tarot can be one of the more common forms of divination and fortune telling. There are a large number of spreads which may be used, ranging from the most simplistic to the most complicated. However, there will be times when all we need is simply a generic idea of a simple situation, and it is better to avail only a couple of cards under this circumstance. Don’t hesitate to take advantage of a 3-card Tarot spread now! In fact, its use is practical, and can offer the satisfactory answers.
Multiple Meanings Of 3-Card Tarot Layout
Past – Present – Future
The “past, present, and near future” spread is very simple. Basically, it is often the first meaning that comes to our mind when someone mentions a 3-card Tarot reading. Of course, the cards will be pulled and laid out in a straight line, from left to right.
- The left card indicates the past occurrences, which are still affecting a questioner or his current situation. Many times, this represents something that needs to be cleared up before he moves forward. The “past” card will show him what he has to move beyond, and it can also emphasize lessons that he should apply into the present and future.
- The middle card denotes what is surrounding the questioner at the present time. It also highlights the current influences which may be shaped and molded, relying on his actions now.
- The right card symbolizes the impacts in near future. No one could tell us what will take place with 100% certainty. However, this card tends to be more of an inclination as to where something appears to be heading, based on the past influences as well as the present circumstances.
Body – Mind – Spirit
The next spread is relating to the “body, mind, and spirit” layout. The following is its brief description:
- The first position will be the body, and it often speaks to conditions that can be affecting a questioner’s physical health negatively or positively. This may give insights into what he might do to improve his physical well-being.
- The middle position is related to the mind, and it indicates his mindset and offers insights into the thought patterns. Thus, the card can help to determine whether he is approaching the conditions from the proper frame of mind or adjustments have to be made.
- The third position is known as the spirit. The card will imply the spiritual lessons being presented to this questioner at that time, and then gives insights into his great purpose.